eCover Engineer is a 3D cover creator software that helps you create stunning, unlimited 3D covers for your ebook ,software box, CD cover or any custom boxes that you want. You can create any type of box from pizza boxes to bottle boxes or even medicine boxes. It is very easy to use, and offers fully customizable cover design. It comes with complete 2D editing capability, and real-time 3D editing and rendering.
For quick startup, you can use the free templates provided with the application and get started right away.
The interface consists of a main window divided into two sections: one for preview purposes; one for settings. The settings section is organized into five tabs, as follow:
1. Images: allows you to load the images to use in the covers.
2. eCover: allows you to determine the eCover position in the preview, and the angle of the case.
3. Floor: activate and deactivate floor visualization in the preview section. You can configure some parameters of the floor from here, such as: texture, color, and reflection.
4. Scene: here you’ll find options like: Camera, to establish preview parameters; Color, to change the scene color; and Antialiasing affecting preview speed.
5. Light: to establish some light parameters for the scene, such as: light source position; light and shadow; and color.
Below the preview section there are some buttons with the following names and functions:
• Save eCover - save your project as ecover
• Open eCover - open an older ecover
• Save Template - save project as template
• Open Template - open template
• Reset Settings - reset all settings to default
• List of available objects - select another object
eCover Engineer needs the following system requirements to run:
• Microsoft Windows 98/Me/NT4/2000/XP/Vista
• Pentium III 800 Mhz or better processor
• 256 MB RAM
• 30 MB free hard drive space
• OpenGL capable video card
To help you get started there are some online tutorials page. You can visit the tutorials page 24 hours a day at http://www.adolix/ecover-engineer/tutorials/
- It supports multiple languages
- It comes with templates to help you get started
- It offers some online tutorials
- It isn't free
- It may run pretty slow occasionally
- Demo version presents problems at closing